Friday, July 17, 2009

Are you a Twit?




So what is it with Twitter, anyway? At first my thought is, what is worse than someone who thinks they are special enough to type and upload constant babble about what they are doing right now or thinking all day long? What kind of person does this? I'm going to type all day what I'm doing, like anybody gives a flip! Who is going to actually read that?

Well there is something worse than that. Finding out that there are thousand upon thousands of people that do care and who actually DO read it! Whom apparently have even less to do than the person who is tweet-twatting-whatever you want to call it. These people want to read all day about what other people are doing or saying.....

Is there anyone out there doing anything productive anymore? I mean seriously....is Twitter taking off because of the unemployment rate? Or did Twitter cause the high unemployment rate? Maybe that's why gas prices are going down again, no one is doing anything but sitting around Twitting.....



None of your **** business.

You know I can't stand the guy, but Kanye West actually cracked me up commenting recently about Twitter:

“DON’T HAVE A F****** TWITTER… WHY WOULD I USE TWITTER??? I ONLY BLOG 5 PERCENT OF WHAT I’M UP TO IN THE FIRST PLACE. I’M ACTUALLY SLOW DELIVERING CONTENT BECAUSE I’M TOO BUSY ACTUALLY BUSY BEING CREATIVE MOST OF THE TIME AND IF I’M NOT AND I’M JUST LAYING ON A BEACH I WOULDN’T TELL THE WORLD. EVERYTHING THAT TWITTER OFFERS I NEED LESS OF. THE PEOPLE AT TWITTER KNOW I DON’T HAVE A F****** TWITTER SO FOR THEM TO ALLOW SOMEONE TO POSE AS ME AND ACCUMULATE OVER A MILLION NAMES IS IRRESPONSIBLE AND DECEITFUL TO THERE FAITHFUL USERS. REPEAT… THE HEADS OF TWITTER KNEW I DIDN’T HAVE A TWITTER AND THEY HAVE TO KNOW WHICH ACCOUNTS HAVE HIGH ACTIVITY ON THEM. IT’S A F****** FARCE AND IT MAKES ME QUESTION WHAT OTHER SO CALLED CELEBRITY TWITTERS ARE ACTUALLY REAL OR FAKE. HEY TWITTER, TAKE THE SO CALLED KANYE WEST TWITTER DOWN NOW …. WHY? … BECAUSE MY CAPS LOCK KEY IS LOUD!!!!!!!!!”


Hilarious.

I have to add this question, as well - why does everyone that uses Twitter avoid the obvious? If you use Twitter, you are obviously a "Twit".

Creative they are with other ways to say it like tweet, tweeter, twat, this and that, but if you are a user of Twitter, that makes you a "Twit". There's no getting around it!

So, how does this relate to the Double Standard, you ask? I'll tell you, fine reader asking such a wonderful question. In this country, so caught up in privacy and the screaming at any invasion of it (e.g. hey don't watch what i do on the internetz i may be doing something illegal, that's an invasion of my privacy!) these same people will turn around and Twit all day so that everyone knows their business, and they can know and stalk everyone else's business just the same.

And so, in that sense, I can therefore go ahead and file this, under yet another example of the Double Standard.

Now I'm sure many of you out there use Twitter, or know a "friend" who "tweets", and some may be all up in arms now because I had to comment on this and extend my opinion on this latest infatuation by you creepy stalkers.....I'm sorry, Terrific Wonderful Individuals Twitting in our Society (TWITS). So take it easy, I'm just making an observation.